On July 26, in partnership with the Yellow Pages Group, we hosted the inaugural “Taste Your Neighbourhood” event in Roncesvalles Village.
Called “A Taste of Roncy”, this was a fun and free guided tour of some of the food businesses of Roncesvalles Village. About two dozen people congregated at the top of Roncesvalles Avenue and enjoyed an espresso shot courtesy of Starbucks before visiting the following businesses:
- Stasis Local Foods (476 Roncesvalles, for cheese and prosciutto samplers)
- La Cubana (392 Roncesvalles, for some tasty Cuban sandwiches)
- Mabel’s (323 Roncesvalles, for lemon squares)
- Pizzeria Defina (321 Roncesvalles, for margherita pizza slices)
- The Mercantile (297 Roncesvalles, for some fantastic chocolate treats)
- and Ed’s Real Scoop (189 Roncesvalles, for dessert!)
Along the way our visitors were treated to some stories about Roncesvalles Village’s history and present, as well as a short presentation from each business.
We hope to bring this event back to Roncesvalles Avenue in 2015.