The Roncesvalles Village Business Improvement Association (RVBIA) is looking to hire a part-time coordinator to ensure the successful execution of sponsored events for the RVBIA (Roncy Rocks, Roncesvalles Polish Festival, other), related marketing communications, and the smooth running of the RVBIA, in conjunction with the Manager.
- Project coordination for Roncy Rocks, the Annual General Meeting and other marketing events (e.g. Holiday marketing event) and assisting with the Roncesvalles Polish Festival:
- Planning and meeting coordination including minutes and follow-up
- Event operations, member and vendor requirements, invoicing, vendor solicitation and collection assistance
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Event success measurements, report drafting and development
- Assist in budget development and tracking using spreadsheets and Profit & Loss reports
- Procuring and maintaining event assets
Marketing and Communications
- Website maintenance and digital asset management
- Social media communications and analysis/metrics (day to day RVBIA & events)
- Manage public inquiries to the RVBIA and assist with communications for Roncy Rocks and other events
- Assist with Marketing and Promotions Plan development and member communications
- Assist in fostering good relations with event sponsors, suppliers and community partners.
RVBIA Administrative Support
- Update Member List and Business Directory
- Maintain RVBIA storage and asset inventories including supplies, document archives, and infrastructure
- Coordinate Volunteer outreach and intake
- Assist in maintaining reference documentation for volunteers, staff and RVBIA Members.
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management or similar
- Significant experience in planning and coordinating events, projects, and budgets
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, use collaboration tools and problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities and agendas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills paired with online publishing and social media savvy
Structure & Compensation
This is a part time position averaging 26 hours per week moving from fewer hours in off season months to full time leading up to and during event execution. The annual compensation for this role is budgeted at $24,700 plus 4% vacation pay and other benefits. This position is slated to become a full-time position in 2019 with pay adjustment.
Send your resume and cover letter to the RVBIA Manager at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please state in your last paragraph, the mode of transportation you would generally use to get to Queen St. W and Roncesvalles Avenue and the time it would take you to get there from your home during morning rush hour. The application deadline is Wednesday, April 18, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. Applications received after that time will not be considered. Short listed applicants will be interviewed on Monday, April 23rd. Start Date: June 1, 2018.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed on Monday, April 23, 2018
Start Date: Friday, June 1, 2018
Download PDF of this job posting [243KB] Get Adobe Reader
On April 21st, join over 200,000 residents, students, businesses, organizations and communities as we clean Toronto together for the 15th annual spring cleanup!
The Roncesvalles Village BIA & RoncyWorks will be hosting the Roncesvalles Avenue Community Clean Up. We will be encouraging BIA members to clean in front of their businesses on the sidewalk and their back laneway. We will be inviting community members to assist us with the gardens and tree grates along Roncesvalles.
All items needed for the clean up will be provided by the City of Toronto and the Roncesvalles Village BIA. We will have two groups meeting at 10:45AM; one meeting at Dundas and Roncesvalles Peace Garden, and the other meeting and Howard Johnson Inn. We will make our way up the street at 11:00AM and meet in the middle of Roncesvalles Avenue to end the clean around 1:00PM. Dress comfortably and for the weather!
So we know how many people to expect, please fill out the form below:
Wishing you and yours all the best this holiday season from all of us at the Roncesvalles Village BIA.
Please note our office will be closed from December 24th at noon until December 26th, and January 1st.
Sponsorship Manager Job Opportunity
Chair, Roncesvalles Polish Festival Committee
Roncesvalles Village BIA Manager
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: Immediately
Summary of Position:
The Roncesvalles Polish Festival is the largest celebration of Polish culture in North America. We’re currently seeking a Sponsorship Manager who will work with the RVBIA and the festival management team to meet the Festival’s sponsorship targets through the acquisition of cash, grants and in-kind. This position will also include sponsorship administration, event coordination/management,and partnership liaison and coordinating Official ceremonies and VIP events.
- Review and analyze the RVBIA’s current sponsorship program and develop new materials, in conjunction with the RVBIA Operation Team.
- Prepare Sponsorship plans, brochures and other materials used to solicit potential candidates
- Develop a sponsorship timeline and plan for the Roncesvalles Polish Festival..
- Take responsibility for the identification, solicitation and procurement of potential sponsors.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing services to existing sponsors, and to promote sponsorship level enhancement.
- Negotiate sponsorship arrangements, prepare and send sponsorship contract and obtain signatures.
- Prepare and send Sponsorship invoices as per contractual terms of agreement.
- Budget management, track payments, follow up if required
- Provide interim reports including progress, expenses and budget for festival management team.
- Collect, file and ensure the safe transfer of all Sponsor logos to be used in marketing, promotions and advertising.
- Ensure material required for sponsors deliverables as it relates to advertising timelines are strictly adhered to.
- Review the design and all graphic work needed for festival advertising, including posters, flyers, banners, pamphlets etc. (to insure that they comply with sponsor deliverables)
- Ensure that all logos, artwork and sponsor tag lines are current
- Obtain approval from sponsor for all advertizing that includes sponsor graphics.
- Review all Sponsor’s materials that are placed in media and graphic medium to ensure proper placement and conformity with sponsorship agreements
- Ensure Sponsors are given appropriate placement along the Festival route, as is presented or negotiated in the agreement.
- Ensure appropriate recognition and exposure is delivered to sponsors and that there will be no confusion or competition between Vendor and Sponsor levels.
- Opening Ceremony Coordination
- Maintain and promote our strong relationship with the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Toronto, The Polish Embassy in Ottawa, representatives involved with the Canadian European Trade Agreement and within the local Polish community.
- On site management during the festival, and/or as needed to ensure sponsor satisfaction during the event
- Provide a final report two weeks following the event.
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management, Fundraising, or similar.
- 3+ Experience in fundraising and sponsorship
- 3+ Experience in event and budget management
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, and problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and online communications skills
- Confidence to liaise with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Account management and relationship building experience preferred
- Large group presentation skills
- Bilingualism (English & Polish) is desirable but not required
- Previous festival experience desirable
- VIP and key client liaison experience desirable
Flat fee of $7000, based on a goal of raising $70,000.00 in sponsorship, payable in 5 installments of $1,400.00 upon receipt of interim reports on January 31, March 31, May 31, July 31, August 31. Plus 10% of any new sponsorship contracts above the $70,000.00 budgeted target. *Grants that require co funding by the RPF will be negotiated individually.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more festival information please visit www.polishfestival.ca
The Holiday Season is fast approaching. Kick it off with us on December 1 and 2!
On December 1st Shop Roncy Late. Participating shops will have promotions, sales and activities until 9:00PM, with select shops staying open until 10:00 PM.
December 2nd bring your family to Roncy and visit Santa at Willem and Jools at 125 Roncesvalles in the early afternoon before you make your way over to the High Park Library for story telling followed by a fake snowball fight on the Library lawn. Carolers will sing in the season during the day and at dusk as our community tree is lit in front of the Roncesvalles United Church.
There is no cost for our community events, but we encourage you to bring donation items for the Roncesvalles United Church Sunday Meal Program, Dinner with Dignity. This program serves 16,000 fresh meals per year; lunch and dinner every Sunday. Every little bit helps! The church accepts donations Monday to Friday between 9:30 AM and 5:00 PM or all day Sunday. We will be accepting perishable food items on their behalf from 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM on December 2nd.
Schedule of Events:
Late Night Shopping
Shops are open until 9:00 PM with special in store activities or promotions
*Select stores open until 10:00 PM
Holiday deals continue along Roncy all day long!
1:00PM – 4:00 PM – Santa at Willem and Jools
Enjoy hot cider and cookies and get your photo taken with Santa
*No cost, pictures will be emailed afterwards
4:00 PM : Storytelling at High Park Library
4:30 PM : Fake Snowball fight on the library long
5:15 PM : Community Tree Lighting in front of the Roncesvalles United Church
Donations accepted outside from 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM.
Otherwise please bring them to the church office.
Follow our Event Page to stay up to date!