Hire a freelance Sponsorship Manager for Roncy Rocks, an RVBIA event celebrating music, arts, and community in Roncesvalles in June 2017.
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for soliciting and securing sponsorship dollars to enable the Roncy Rocks planning team to execute a successful event. The event is budgeted at 2016 levels but has significant room to grow if additional sponsorship funds can be secured.
Sponsorship deck finalization
- Contribute to the updating of sponsorship structure & levels for 2017 (based on feedback from 2016)
- Build on the materials developed for 2016 to attract viable sponsors at all levels for Roncy Rocks
- Contribute to timing & sponsorship achievement goals
- Attend relevant team meetings to ensure effective cross team communication, ensuring 100% delivery of sponsor deliverables
- Lead all communication with sponsor (pre, during, post event)
Sponsor solicitation, identification, and security
- With support from the Roncy Rocks Planning team, identify the broad list of viable targets and specific targets by level
- Lead all potential sponsor communication from initial approach, negotiation, and finalization
- Ensure consistency and communication of deliverables
- Ensure event communications & operations team are aware of sponsorship deliverables and have the materials they need to execute communications on time (logos for web, marketing elements, etc)
- Ensure all contracts are signed in time to deliver materials for marketing elements
- Ensure funds are collected in time for event operations execution (various deadlines depending on marketing elements)
Acknowledgement & Gratitude
- Distribute final report and deliver thanks from RVBIA
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management or similar
- Significant experience in fundraising & sponsorship
- Experience in event management, project planning, & budget management an asset
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, & problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities and agendas
- Excellent verbal, written, and online communications skills
- Large group presentation skills an asset
Structure & Compensation:
This role is part time / freelance in nature. The compensation is a base + bonus and compensates an aggressive self-starter. For delivery of last year’s sponsorship budget [$25,000], compensation is $2500. For an increase of up to $10,000 [from $25,000 – $35,000], compensation is 20.000%. Any funding achieved over $35,000 is compensated at 40%.
Send your resume and cover letter to the RVBIA Board of Management Secretary, Alison Fletcher at email@example.com. The application deadline is Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:00 PM. Applications received after that time will not be considered.
Short listed applicants will be interviewed on Friday, February 24th.
Start Date: March 1, 2017.