Hire a Part-time Coordinator role for the Roncesvalles Village Business Improvement Association (RVBIA) to ensure the successful execution of Sponsored Events for the RVBIA (Roncy Rocks, Roncesvalles Polish Festival (RPF), other) as well as the smooth running of the RVBIA, in conjunction with the Manager. This role reports to the Manager, RVBIA.
RVBIA Administrative Support
- Assist with RVBIA Member List management, updating contact info and communications
- Maintain RVBIA Asset Inventory (electrical assets, records management, digital and physical storage)
- Volunteer outreach and intake
- Website maintenance & digital asset management
- Social media communications & analysis /metrics (day to day RVBIA & events)
- Manage public inquiries to the RVBIA
- Assist in Project Coordination for Roncy Rocks, Roncesvalles Polish Festival, and Other (Christmas event)
- Planning & meeting coordination (meeting planning & set-up, communications, minutes, follow ups with event committee / team members)
- Event operations, member and vendor requirements, sponsorship solicitation & collection assistance
- Event success measurements, report drafting and development
- Budget development and tracking
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management or similar
- Significant experience in event management, project planning, & budget management
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, & problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities and agendas
- Excellent verbal, written, and online communications skills
- Large group presentation skills an asset
Structure and Compensation
This role is part time in nature, moving from very few hours in off season months to full time leading up to and during event execution. The annual compensation for this role is budgeted at $17,500.
Send your resume and cover letter to the RVBIA Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please state in your last paragraph, what mode of transportation you would generally use to get to Pearson Avenue and Roncesvalles Avenue and how long it would take you to get there from your home during morning rush hour. The application deadline is Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. Applications received after that time will not be considered.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed on Friday, February 24.
Start Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2017.