The Roncesvalles Village Business Improvement Association (RVBIA) is looking to hire a part-time coordinator to ensure the successful execution of sponsored events for the RVBIA (Roncy Rocks, Roncesvalles Polish Festival, other), related marketing communications, and the smooth running of the RVBIA, in conjunction with the Manager.
- Project coordination for Roncy Rocks, the Annual General Meeting and other marketing events (e.g. Holiday marketing event) and assisting with the Roncesvalles Polish Festival:
- Planning and meeting coordination including minutes and follow-up
- Event operations, member and vendor requirements, invoicing, vendor solicitation and collection assistance
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Event success measurements, report drafting and development
- Assist in budget development and tracking using spreadsheets and Profit & Loss reports
- Procuring and maintaining event assets
Marketing and Communications
- Website maintenance and digital asset management
- Social media communications and analysis/metrics (day to day RVBIA & events)
- Manage public inquiries to the RVBIA and assist with communications for Roncy Rocks and other events
- Assist with Marketing and Promotions Plan development and member communications
- Assist in fostering good relations with event sponsors, suppliers and community partners.
RVBIA Administrative Support
- Update Member List and Business Directory
- Maintain RVBIA storage and asset inventories including supplies, document archives, and infrastructure
- Coordinate Volunteer outreach and intake
- Assist in maintaining reference documentation for volunteers, staff and RVBIA Members.
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management or similar
- Significant experience in planning and coordinating events, projects, and budgets
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, use collaboration tools and problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities and agendas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills paired with online publishing and social media savvy
Structure & Compensation
This is a part time position averaging 26 hours per week moving from fewer hours in off season months to full time leading up to and during event execution. The annual compensation for this role is budgeted at $24,700 plus 4% vacation pay and other benefits. This position is slated to become a full-time position in 2019 with pay adjustment.
Send your resume and cover letter to the RVBIA Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please state in your last paragraph, the mode of transportation you would generally use to get to Queen St. W and Roncesvalles Avenue and the time it would take you to get there from your home during morning rush hour. The application deadline is Wednesday, April 18, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. Applications received after that time will not be considered. Short listed applicants will be interviewed on Monday, April 23rd. Start Date: June 1, 2018.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed on Monday, April 23, 2018
Start Date: Friday, June 1, 2018