Sponsorship Manager Job Opportunity
Chair, Roncesvalles Polish Festival Committee
Roncesvalles Village BIA Manager
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: Immediately
Summary of Position:
The Roncesvalles Polish Festival is the largest celebration of Polish culture in North America. We’re currently seeking a Sponsorship Manager who will work with the RVBIA and the festival management team to meet the Festival’s sponsorship targets through the acquisition of cash, grants and in-kind. This position will also include sponsorship administration, event coordination/management,and partnership liaison and coordinating Official ceremonies and VIP events.
- Review and analyze the RVBIA’s current sponsorship program and develop new materials, in conjunction with the RVBIA Operation Team.
- Prepare Sponsorship plans, brochures and other materials used to solicit potential candidates
- Develop a sponsorship timeline and plan for the Roncesvalles Polish Festival..
- Take responsibility for the identification, solicitation and procurement of potential sponsors.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing services to existing sponsors, and to promote sponsorship level enhancement.
- Negotiate sponsorship arrangements, prepare and send sponsorship contract and obtain signatures.
- Prepare and send Sponsorship invoices as per contractual terms of agreement.
- Budget management, track payments, follow up if required
- Provide interim reports including progress, expenses and budget for festival management team.
- Collect, file and ensure the safe transfer of all Sponsor logos to be used in marketing, promotions and advertising.
- Ensure material required for sponsors deliverables as it relates to advertising timelines are strictly adhered to.
- Review the design and all graphic work needed for festival advertising, including posters, flyers, banners, pamphlets etc. (to insure that they comply with sponsor deliverables)
- Ensure that all logos, artwork and sponsor tag lines are current
- Obtain approval from sponsor for all advertizing that includes sponsor graphics.
- Review all Sponsor’s materials that are placed in media and graphic medium to ensure proper placement and conformity with sponsorship agreements
- Ensure Sponsors are given appropriate placement along the Festival route, as is presented or negotiated in the agreement.
- Ensure appropriate recognition and exposure is delivered to sponsors and that there will be no confusion or competition between Vendor and Sponsor levels.
- Opening Ceremony Coordination
- Maintain and promote our strong relationship with the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Toronto, The Polish Embassy in Ottawa, representatives involved with the Canadian European Trade Agreement and within the local Polish community.
- On site management during the festival, and/or as needed to ensure sponsor satisfaction during the event
- Provide a final report two weeks following the event.
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management, Fundraising, or similar.
- 3+ Experience in fundraising and sponsorship
- 3+ Experience in event and budget management
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, and problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and online communications skills
- Confidence to liaise with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Account management and relationship building experience preferred
- Large group presentation skills
- Bilingualism (English & Polish) is desirable but not required
- Previous festival experience desirable
- VIP and key client liaison experience desirable
Flat fee of $7000, based on a goal of raising $70,000.00 in sponsorship, payable in 5 installments of $1,400.00 upon receipt of interim reports on January 31, March 31, May 31, July 31, August 31. Plus 10% of any new sponsorship contracts above the $70,000.00 budgeted target. *Grants that require co funding by the RPF will be negotiated individually.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more festival information please visit www.polishfestival.ca
Cześć! This weekend will mark the twelfth year of the Roncesvalles Polish Festival, the largest celebration of Polish Culture in North America!
Indulge in traditional Polish dishes including pierogi, kielbasa, bigos and cabbage rolls while dancing along with continuous live music on multiple stages including Polka and Euro Dance Bands, Polish folklore song and dance groups. Saturday night enjoy the ever-popular Dance Under The Stars polka party at the main stage.
You can expect to see our local shops and merchants with side walk sales and street front displays, over 40 local restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and bistros offering sample plates, along with expanded street patios.
There is excitement for the whole family! We have Midway rides, Carnival games, a Euro Car show, Art Zone and Historical Displays and so much fun you’ll have to come for both days!
So come and join us for the Roncesvalles Polish Festival on September 16th and 17th!
It’s official, summer is here, albeit a rainy one but it is here and we couldn’t be more excited!
On June 17th we kicked off the season with the eighth year of Roncy Rocks, our annual Arts and Music Festival that celebrates the vibrancy of our community. The day was a great success thanks to sponsors, partners, members, musicians, artists and the Roncesvalles community.
The Kids and Family Entertainment Zones were bustling all day with families enjoying crafts, carnival style games and a wide variety of entertainment, including a skateboarding pot bellied pig named Petunia!
The Art Zone and Library Lawn was stacked with talented artists showing and selling their work, the Fashion Show featured beautiful offerings from Roncesvalles boutiques. As always, the music was a highlight of the day. From The Jessica Stuart Few to Trapper, to Danny Michel to the young and talented Moscow Apartment the entertainment did not disappoint!
Three weeks after the event we are still and will continue to be humbled by the community love and the smiles shared on June 17th. Thank you for making Roncy Rock!
We can’t wait for next year!
The Roncesvalles Village Business Improvement Area (RVBIA) is seeking candidates for two jobs:
- Roncy Rocks Sponsorship Manager
- RVBIA Coordinator
Roncy Rocks Sponsorship Manager position is a short-term contract for Roncy Rocks, an RVBIA event celebrating music, arts, and community to be held on Roncesvalles Avenue, June 17, 2017. The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for soliciting and securing sponsorship dollars to enable the Roncy Rocks planning team to execute a successful event. The event is budgeted at 2016 levels but has significant room to grow if additional sponsorship funds can be secured. Read more about the Roncy Rocks Sponsorship Manager position and how to apply.
The RVBIA Coordinator position is a part-time contract to ensure the successful execution of Sponsored Events for the RVBIA (Roncy Rocks, Roncesvalles Polish Festival, and other) as well as the smooth running of the RVBIA, in conjunction with the Manager. This role reports to the Manager, RVBIA. Read more about the RVBIA Coordinator position and how to apply.
Application Deadline for either position: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at 5 PM
Most people from Roncesvalles Village love that we have so many great shops, services and awesome places to eat, drink and be merry. On Saturday, let’s show Canada our shop local spirit as the Yellow Pages brings their Shop the Neighbourhood Challenge to Roncesvalles Avenue.
• Official event times: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Event location: High Park Library Lawn, Corner of Wright Ave. and Roncy.
Share your love: When you spot something awesome along Roncesvalles, snap it and tag it #shoproncy and #shopthehood.
While you’re at it, you can pick up free promotional items such as shopping bags, balloons and scarves – but quantities are limited, so make sure you get out during the official event times.
Shop The Neighbourhood is a national Yellow Pages campaign dedicated to raising awareness of the importance of local shopping and supporting small businesses in neighbourhoods across Canada.