Shopping on Roncesvalles will be extra delightful this Saturday, as our shops are primped and prepped for the holiday season. Plan a leisurely stroll down the street on December 3rd, for lots of inspiration.
There will be carollers singing in the season along Roncy from 1 to 4 p.m. There will be lights in the windows, hot chocolate at the cafés, and good cheer in the bistros. Plus, an official Christmas Tree Lighting at 5 p.m. in front of the Roncesvalles United Church (RUC), while a choir sings.
If there isn’t actually snow on the ground or in the air, no worries, there are snowballs in the making. This year we’ve partnered with the Roncesvalles United Church (at Wright and Roncesvalles) for some Family Fun that will start at 3 p.m. Here’s what’s planned:
- 3:30 – 3:50 pm – Music Hosted by Classical Music Conservatory
- 3:50 – 4:00 pm – “Reindeer Romp”: Hosted by Acting Out
- 4:00 – 4:20 pm – Holiday storytelling: Hosted by RUC
- 4:30 – 4:50 pm – Indoor snowball fight: Hosted by RUC
- 4:55 pm – Everyone outside for official Christmas Tree lighting
Other activities: (3 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Hot chocolate and cookies available.
- Paper airplane making (and sailing them off the balcony): Hosted by Scooter Girl
- Colouring Table: Hosted by the BIA
- Tree Decoration Making: Hosted by The Artful Child, children’s creative art school
Lights, camera, action! Let the good times roll on Roncy as we enter the last month of the year. Let’s start to celebrate cherished traditions and make space in our lives for new ones.
We hope you will join us!