During the Pandemic
Getting through this together
In recognition that everyone has had to adjust their personal and work lives rapidly and profoundly, we would like to thank the people of Roncesvalles Village, business owners and staff, for their part in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
We wish to express our deep gratitude to all of the healthcare workers, delivery personnel and frontline workers in our midst and everywhere who continue to provide essential services, despite the health risks.
Thank you all for doing your part. We’re all in this together.
How Our Businesses are Serving the Community
Starting November 14, as Toronto moved into the Red Zone, additional measures to combat rapidly rising cases of COVID-19 have included: indoor dining, movie theatre and meeting and event spaces to remain closed; indoor fitness classes are not permitted, and work from home to be implement wherever possible.
Hoping to avoid a lockdown, our businesses continue to offer online shopping, takeout and order pickup or delivery, and online classes and appointments for everyone’s safety. They have adapted as best they can, and so have we all.
Impact of the COVID-19 closures
Many businesses along Roncesvalles were forced to close suddenly until further notice, to help reduce the outbreak. Those that are able to operate in some way, are doing their best to continue serving our community’s needs in any way they can. This has required profound shifts in the way they do business.
Fortunately, there is plenty of ingenuity and good will among our entrepreneurs. They have found ways to operate their business in new and safe ways, including collaborations with each other.
Find what you need and how to get it
How to Support Our Businesses
First, we want to thank our loyal customers who continue to shop at our local businesses, buy their food here and order from their favorite restaurants and pubs.
Please visit our patios. Remember to wear your masks until you are seated at your table.
You can continue to make purchases from businesses that are temporarily closed by shopping online. Some are offering online and phone ordering, and many still offer curb-side pickup or home delivery, while others are providing online consultation, online classes or gift cards.
Consider purchasing gift cards from our businesses for shopping online or on Roncesvalles when the shops reopen. Please keep bringing them your business!
Use our Business Directory to search by category or click on a tag to see who’s open and all the ways they can serve you.
Curbside Pickup and Shopping Reminders
- When lining up outside for curbside pickup or to shop for groceries, maintain 2 meters between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask or face covering indoors and outdoors when it is difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Sanitize your hands and limit what you touch.
- Bring your credit or debit card, unless you’ve prepaid.
- The owner or manager is responsible for maintaining the number of people below the maximum allowed for safe distancing.
- If it looks crowded, come back later.
- Consider online ordering, delivery, and curbside pickup from our businesses.
- If you’re sick, please stay at home.
Supporting the Survival of Our Main Street
Our hearts go out to those businesses that have had to close temporarily or permanently and to all those who have lost their jobs during this time. This is a very difficult time for them, with very tough decisions to make.
- We continue to provide updates in our Business Directory and on Instagram.
- We continue to advocate for measures needed to help small businesses get through this unprecedented period.
- We are shifting our priorities and activities during this period, finding creative solutions and investigating new opportunities.
- Our staff is still hard at work. Our Board of Management is accessible.
- If you have a question or concern, please reach out to them.
Information from each level of government:
- Government of Canada – Federal: Canada.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Ontario – Provincial: Ontario.ca/coronavirus
- City of Toronto – Municipal: Toronto.ca/coronavirus
For additional COVID-19 questions not answered on the federal website or its FAQ section, please contact:
- Phone: 1-833-784-4397
- Email: email@example.com
Learn more about Canada’s response to COVID-19.