The provincewide emergency brake will be effective Saturday, April 3, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. and will be in place for at least four weeks.
153 ICU doctors signed a letter to Doug Ford imploring the province to ACT NOW to stem the spread as 3rd wave of COVID-19 hits hard and younger Ontarians are ending up in the hospitals.
What this means: Sadly we return to tighter restrictions which continues to create hardships for many individuals and businesses.
How we can help: Observe restrictions and health measures to help stem the spread and continue to support our local businesses and people in need in the ways that we can.
Search our Business Directory to see how our businesses can service you during this period.
Ontario’s key indicators and latest modelling show that additional measures must be taken.
- Restricting indoor organized public events and social gatherings, except with members of the same household (the people you live with) and limiting the capacity for outdoor events to a 5-person maximum. Individuals who live alone may consider having exclusive close contact with one other household;
- Restricting in-person shopping in all retail settings, including a 50 per cent capacity limit for supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, indoor farmers’ markets, other stores that primarily sell food and pharmacies, and 25 per cent for all other retail including big box stores, along with other public health and workplace safety measures;
- Prohibiting personal care services;
- Prohibiting indoor and outdoor dining. Restaurants, bars and other food or drink; establishments will be permitted to operate by take out, drive-through, and delivery only;
- Prohibiting the use of facilities for indoor or outdoor sports and recreational fitness (e.g., gyms) with very limited exceptions; and
- Limiting capacity at weddings, funerals, and religious services, rites or ceremonies to 15 per cent total occupancy indoors, and to the number of individuals that can maintain two metres of physical distance outdoors. This does not include social gatherings associated with these services like receptions, which are not permitted indoors and are limited to five people outdoors.
Provincewide Emergency Brake: