Sidewalk Café & Marketing Display Bylaw Review: Public Consultation
From the City of Toronto:
“In addition to the presentation by Municipal Licensing & Standards and Public Realm at the Interdepartmental meeting on January 15, 2019, the general public will be invited to attend the City’s public consultation on the Sidewalk Cafés & Marketing Displays Bylaw Review on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at Toronto City Hall, Committee Room 4, from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
The purpose of this review is to harmonize the bylaw so that consistent standards are applied across the City. As part of the review, the City is proposing updated fees, as well as new standards and options for marketing displays and sidewalk cafés (for example, curbside cafés and parklet cafés).
We are also writing to you today in hopes that you can help us promote this consultation among your network, who may be interested to provide their input. Please find below a short article for either your website or newsletter and sample social media posts that you can use to help promote this.
Thank you for helping us to raise awareness of this important event.
More information on the Sidewalk Cafés & Marketing Displays Review is available on the City of Toronto website.”
Please click here for more information
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE RONCESVALLES VILLAGE BIA
—– GET READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS ON RONCY —–
HOLIDAY PROMOTIONS & ACTIVITIES ALL SEASON LONG
SPOT THE RONCY REINDEER HOLIDAY CONTEST
Spot, Snap & Share a photo of a reindeer from a Roncesvalles shop window or winter garden for a chance to win one of three $50 gift certificates.
SPOT THE RONCY REINDEER HOLIDAY CONTEST
Tag it #roncyreindeer on Instagram and Facebook
Or send it to email@example.com
For contest details visit roncesvallesvillage.ca/roncyreindeer
JOIN THE FAMILY FUN TIME AND COMMUNITY TREE LIGHTING
Saturday, December 1 — 4:00 to 5:30 pm
at the Roncesvalles United Church
Roncesvalles & Wright Avenue
Want to be a part of the tree lighting? Head to the High Park Library and ask for an outline of our very own High Park library from the front desk; colour it in and add a reindeer or holiday decorations and lights to the picture and hand it back in. Add your name and number and you’ll be automatically entered into a random draw to select the one to help with the tree lighting Saturday, December 1ST AT 5PM at the Roncesvalles United Church!
the Roncesvalles United Church, Scooter Girl, Home Smith, Sweetpea’s, Pollock Home Hardware and the Roncesvalles Village Business Improvement Area (BIA) with thanks to the West Toronto Community Choir
What an exciting day!
Enjoy these photos from the Official Launch; which included a smudging by mural artist Philip Cote, Mayor John Tory and speakers from STArt and our very own BIA board.
After two community consultations, the preliminary design elements for the new mural will be presented by artists Philip Cote and Jim Thierry Bravo at Roncy Rocks on June 9. at 1:30 pm. They will be on hand to discuss their components with community members until 3:30 pm. The community consultation will take place at the site of the future mural oat Garden and Roncesvalles Avenue, next to Solarski Pharmacy. Roncy Rocks will serve as another opportunity for community members to participate in the mural envisioning process.
The mural project is being funded by the Roncesvalles Village BIA in partnership with the City of Toronto’s StreetARToronto program.
To learn more about the project, read our post A New Mural for Roncesvalles Village.
More information on Rocky Rocks can be found on their website.
Sponsorship Manager Job Opportunity
Chair, Roncesvalles Polish Festival Committee
Roncesvalles Village BIA Manager
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: Immediately
Summary of Position:
The Roncesvalles Polish Festival is the largest celebration of Polish culture in North America. We’re currently seeking a Sponsorship Manager who will work with the RVBIA and the festival management team to meet the Festival’s sponsorship targets through the acquisition of cash, grants and in-kind. This position will also include sponsorship administration, event coordination/management,and partnership liaison and coordinating Official ceremonies and VIP events.
- Review and analyze the RVBIA’s current sponsorship program and develop new materials, in conjunction with the RVBIA Operation Team.
- Prepare Sponsorship plans, brochures and other materials used to solicit potential candidates
- Develop a sponsorship timeline and plan for the Roncesvalles Polish Festival..
- Take responsibility for the identification, solicitation and procurement of potential sponsors.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing services to existing sponsors, and to promote sponsorship level enhancement.
- Negotiate sponsorship arrangements, prepare and send sponsorship contract and obtain signatures.
- Prepare and send Sponsorship invoices as per contractual terms of agreement.
- Budget management, track payments, follow up if required
- Provide interim reports including progress, expenses and budget for festival management team.
- Collect, file and ensure the safe transfer of all Sponsor logos to be used in marketing, promotions and advertising.
- Ensure material required for sponsors deliverables as it relates to advertising timelines are strictly adhered to.
- Review the design and all graphic work needed for festival advertising, including posters, flyers, banners, pamphlets etc. (to insure that they comply with sponsor deliverables)
- Ensure that all logos, artwork and sponsor tag lines are current
- Obtain approval from sponsor for all advertizing that includes sponsor graphics.
- Review all Sponsor’s materials that are placed in media and graphic medium to ensure proper placement and conformity with sponsorship agreements
- Ensure Sponsors are given appropriate placement along the Festival route, as is presented or negotiated in the agreement.
- Ensure appropriate recognition and exposure is delivered to sponsors and that there will be no confusion or competition between Vendor and Sponsor levels.
- Opening Ceremony Coordination
- Maintain and promote our strong relationship with the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Toronto, The Polish Embassy in Ottawa, representatives involved with the Canadian European Trade Agreement and within the local Polish community.
- On site management during the festival, and/or as needed to ensure sponsor satisfaction during the event
- Provide a final report two weeks following the event.
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management, Fundraising, or similar.
- 3+ Experience in fundraising and sponsorship
- 3+ Experience in event and budget management
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, and problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and online communications skills
- Confidence to liaise with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Account management and relationship building experience preferred
- Large group presentation skills
- Bilingualism (English & Polish) is desirable but not required
- Previous festival experience desirable
- VIP and key client liaison experience desirable
Flat fee of $7000, based on a goal of raising $70,000.00 in sponsorship, payable in 5 installments of $1,400.00 upon receipt of interim reports on January 31, March 31, May 31, July 31, August 31. Plus 10% of any new sponsorship contracts above the $70,000.00 budgeted target. *Grants that require co funding by the RPF will be negotiated individually.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more festival information please visit www.polishfestival.ca