Sponsorship Manager Job Opportunity
Chair, Roncesvalles Polish Festival Committee
Roncesvalles Village BIA Manager
Job Type: Contract
Start Date: Immediately
Summary of Position:
The Roncesvalles Polish Festival is the largest celebration of Polish culture in North America. We’re currently seeking a Sponsorship Manager who will work with the RVBIA and the festival management team to meet the Festival’s sponsorship targets through the acquisition of cash, grants and in-kind. This position will also include sponsorship administration, event coordination/management,and partnership liaison and coordinating Official ceremonies and VIP events.
- Review and analyze the RVBIA’s current sponsorship program and develop new materials, in conjunction with the RVBIA Operation Team.
- Prepare Sponsorship plans, brochures and other materials used to solicit potential candidates
- Develop a sponsorship timeline and plan for the Roncesvalles Polish Festival..
- Take responsibility for the identification, solicitation and procurement of potential sponsors.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing services to existing sponsors, and to promote sponsorship level enhancement.
- Negotiate sponsorship arrangements, prepare and send sponsorship contract and obtain signatures.
- Prepare and send Sponsorship invoices as per contractual terms of agreement.
- Budget management, track payments, follow up if required
- Provide interim reports including progress, expenses and budget for festival management team.
- Collect, file and ensure the safe transfer of all Sponsor logos to be used in marketing, promotions and advertising.
- Ensure material required for sponsors deliverables as it relates to advertising timelines are strictly adhered to.
- Review the design and all graphic work needed for festival advertising, including posters, flyers, banners, pamphlets etc. (to insure that they comply with sponsor deliverables)
- Ensure that all logos, artwork and sponsor tag lines are current
- Obtain approval from sponsor for all advertizing that includes sponsor graphics.
- Review all Sponsor’s materials that are placed in media and graphic medium to ensure proper placement and conformity with sponsorship agreements
- Ensure Sponsors are given appropriate placement along the Festival route, as is presented or negotiated in the agreement.
- Ensure appropriate recognition and exposure is delivered to sponsors and that there will be no confusion or competition between Vendor and Sponsor levels.
- Opening Ceremony Coordination
- Maintain and promote our strong relationship with the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Toronto, The Polish Embassy in Ottawa, representatives involved with the Canadian European Trade Agreement and within the local Polish community.
- On site management during the festival, and/or as needed to ensure sponsor satisfaction during the event
- Provide a final report two weeks following the event.
- Post-Secondary Education in Project Management, Marketing, Event Management, Fundraising, or similar.
- 3+ Experience in fundraising and sponsorship
- 3+ Experience in event and budget management
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, and problem solve
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and online communications skills
- Confidence to liaise with a wide range of internal and external partners
- Account management and relationship building experience preferred
- Large group presentation skills
- Bilingualism (English & Polish) is desirable but not required
- Previous festival experience desirable
- VIP and key client liaison experience desirable
Flat fee of $7000, based on a goal of raising $70,000.00 in sponsorship, payable in 5 installments of $1,400.00 upon receipt of interim reports on January 31, March 31, May 31, July 31, August 31. Plus 10% of any new sponsorship contracts above the $70,000.00 budgeted target. *Grants that require co funding by the RPF will be negotiated individually.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more festival information please visit www.polishfestival.ca